Thursday, January 10, 2019

LAUGH. IT'S 2019.

I have had quite the year! In just ten days:
  • I got a phone call (which was nice) that I didn't get a promotion. 
  • The family got way sick on vacation, including me. 
  • I broke 2 giant glass bottles of coffee in my driveway. 
  • A 64 ounce container of water came unscrewed in my car and formed a small swimming pool. 
  • A toilet backed up and flooded a bathroom.

(I only kept track of these things because they are hysterical!)

I don't dwell in my bummers. The best part about aging is that you finally take your lumps graciously and learn from them, thank them for schooling you and move forward. I hadn't picked up a word for the year yet. I was testing the water but, the water was testing me! Resilience? Grace? Fortitude? If you can survive water spilling do you really have fortitude? I feel like that's too serious a word for that time I inadvertently baptized my Tahoe.

Laugh. I think I will go with that.

My aunt gave me this rock a year or so before she died of brain cancer...best life advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment