Wednesday, January 4, 2017

looking back - 2016 in photos

the good, the bad & the ugly

January 2016

 Blue nails.

 In the scrub with husband.

South Florida Fair.

February 2016



We were outside all month.


One Friday night, we took the local commuter train. We road it a bit and then stopped off for dinner, and turned around and road home. The kids loved the adventure! 


By a park near our house. Because in February, we really were outside all month.

March 2016


Oh hey there selfie portrait. 


Celebrated my alma mater's success in the basketball tourney! March Madness fever at work. 


And the joys of Easter at the backyard hunt.

April 2017

the ugly:


Allow me to translate: Please don't scream at me Mom. Ouch. Noted. Also the chipped nail polish. Double ouch. 


Behold that beauty.


And finally, Helen turned 3. April is her month. P.S. the 3s are hard with this one.

May 2016



George won a medal for reading 100 books; kindergarten is mostly a wrap at this point.


Mother's Day. A card from my mom that made me cry.


This book also made me cry. I loved those green nails.

June 2016



My girl.


This boy turned six.


And as we have done for the past two years, we spent his birthday in Gainesville at the Florida Museum of Natural History (what a wonderful place!).

July 2016



We hosted a small gathering for the Fourth.


There was a family reunion in Mt. Dora, FL. A fast and fab weekend.


During the third week of July, we flew out to my home town - Portland, OR. George is riding in the back of my grandpa's tractor.


And then we headed to the Oregon Coast.


And delighted in nights on the beach.

August 2016



Our trip spilled into August. And I'm not exaggerating when I say this trip was a much needed boost to my heart.


School started! AKA the first grade and pre-k. It marked Helen's departure from daycare.

September 2016


Labor Day in Sanibel (link here)



Read this beast of a book. So great.

October 2016


Hurricane Matthew threatened our county with a direct hit as a Category 4 storm. We buttoned up and then waited...only tropical storm force winds arrived - and for every last one of them, we were grateful.
As Hurricane Matthew interrupted the start to October, it also put Halloween and all things autumn in a holding pattern.

I roasted tons of veggies. ^^^Turnip for what?

Fennel!
 
Pepitas!

And finally, we arrived at Halloween. Frankenstein & Elsa were the costumes of 2016.

November 2016


After I wiped away tears and woke up to the reality that my country chose, I read this. Kindness overload.

The husband made apple pies for Thanksgiving!

The turkeys were turkeys.

December 2016


These kids have never been on Santa's lap. We're OK with it.

Our home all festive.


Oh yeah. We did the jammie thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment