Wednesday, January 4, 2017

audiobooks

From USA Today: Celebrity readers help audiobooks grow.

They've certainly changed my recent life as a reader! I've been listening to them for a decade, but post-children they are a luxury to help me get through books faster. "That's cheating." What? Are you serious? Reading is reading.

With my library card I have access to thousands of free audiobooks that I download and stream in my car, via Bluetooth speakers as I fold the laundry, do the dishes, etc. It is for this reason that I don't use Audible, but I love the idea that by joining it sort of socializes the reading process and encourages you to listen to more books by earning badges, etc.

Some favorites:

To Kill A Mockingbird read by Sissy Spacek
Rebecca read by Anna Massey
Secret Life of Bees read by Jenna Lamia
The Goldfinch read by David Pittu
Bossypants read by Tina Fey
Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea read by Chelsea Handler



No comments:

Post a Comment