Monday, January 14, 2019

mid January slump-itis

Here we go! Laughing through the mid-January slump where sometimes best intentions are forgotten.

My children are still sick (new sick?) and I didn't know what to do about that today except laugh. Let me get this straight, we're now six days missing from kindergarten? HAHAHA!

I had lunch with a friend that made me belly laugh. She reminded me that she made a joke about a stink bomb once that made me spit out coffee many years ago. That made me laugh even harder!

I thought a meeting was happening this afternoon and it's happening two weeks from now, LOL.

But then there was the thud, and an absence of laughter. A colleague and fellow librarian suddenly died over the weekend. She was missing from work and found dead in her home. My best friend told me the details of how it unfolded. I listened; there was no space for joking. 

This is South Florida's most gorgeous time of year - so I can't really tell you about a slump. I love these days and hope they stretch out as long as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment