Saturday, May 2, 2020

covid blues and humble brags

Pandemic strikes!

Mother is at home, without an option to work from it! Teaching two children in the 1st grade & 4th grades. Cannot find a lot of mental space (because there is plenty of time) to be a reader, though this mother has a list of items to be read.

So instead, I, the mother in this short story, have been doing a little bit of exercise to offset the wine drinking from month one.

I made:

  • glorious fudge brownies
  • banana bread
  • velvety chocolate cake for daughter's 7th birthday
  • a lot of dinners from scratch; a lot of frozen meals on days when I just cannot

I read: 
  • Tea Obreht's Inland
  • Emily St. John Mandel's The Glass Hotel

I watched:
  • We ditched Billions almost at the end of the first season, so we picked back up there - currently on Season Three
  • (Gordon) Ramsey's Ultimate Cookery Course

I did:

  • a lot of laundry and dishes; I quit!
I'll be:
  • writing here more






No comments:

Post a Comment