Wednesday, January 30, 2019

31 days in January

Of all 31 days, this family of four was sick for at least twenty-eight of them.

My son's inexplicable vomit on Saturday returned Monday morning as the car was leaving for school.  Ok, in an emergency, the car turned around. It was puke-nado all over again. I stayed home with him, and fears of things like oh...salmonella, diabetes, appendicitis could no longer be casually ignored.

His pediatrician confirmed he just had a nasty virus, and the virus was winning. We bought some probiotics at the doctor's strong suggestion, and I have to say...it was the key to turning this thing around. No more vomit, diarrhea, nausea.

We survived January 2019, and my hair is grayer.

***

I mentioned that I would let you know about my great reads, and I'm almost there! I think I'll round up what I'm reading monthly when I have all my book portraits (ha!) photographed.

***

There was also a massive wallpaper removal project that we started last weekend while listening to this podcast; it was such a random thing to listen to -- but soooooooooo good! We're almost finished with the podcast but not the wallpaper. When they say it's going to be a long job, they ain't kidding. But here's a tease; this ugly stuff is gone:



***

Finally, I've been too sleepy to stay awake during every single episode of True Detective thus far (Season 3) so my husband is going it alone. We started the first episode of the the Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix. Chilling! We're having my folks in town and I'm looking forward to the binge sessions with my husband and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment